This whipped cream recipe is not only quick but lots of fun, too. Each time you stir in a tablespoon of sugar, you get to taste the cream. For those of us who are blessed with a sweet tooth, the sampling can go on for quite a while – and we love it!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1-1/2 cups
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Pour the cream in a 1-quart mixing bowl.
2. Using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Gradually stir in the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, tasting after each addition.
4. When the whipped cream reaches desired sweetness, do not add any more sugar.
5. Use whipped cream to garnish desserts such pastries, cakes, pies, ice cream and sorbet. It can also be enjoyed as a dip or garnish for cookies or biscotti.
Note: If using a stand mixer fitted with its own bowl, let the machine do the work!
Text and Photographs ©2010 Nancy DeLucia Real