Wanna treat your Sweetheart to something special? Try this panna cotta recipe which is made with maple syrup and agave nectar (no sugar). Garnish this Sweetheart Panna Cotta with whipped cream (contains sugar) and your favorite candies!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Prep time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup cold water
2-3/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup agave nectar
1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
1-1/3 cups Half N’ Half cream
1. In a six-ounce glass or cup, combine the water and gelatin. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a 4-quart sauce pot, bring the maple syrup and agave nectar to a boil.
3. Simmer the syrup and nectar for 8 to 10 minutes, until it reduces by half.
4. Stir in both creams.
5. The agave syrup may solidify. If this is the case, whisk the mixture over low heat until the agave syrup dissolve.
6. Remove sauce pot from heat and stir in the gelatin with a whisk (make sure it dissolves completely into the liquid panna cotta).
7. Divide the liquid panna cotta into six 4-ounce ramekins.
8. Cover the ramekins with foil and transfer to refrigerator to set for 2 hours or overnight.
9. At serving time, garnish the panna cotta ramekins with whipped cream and candies.
Text and Photograph ©2015 Nancy DeLucia Real