Need a fresh, new salad? Make this sweet-and-savory salad with raspberries and Persian cucumbers (they’re small and loaded with flavor). The salad gets its kick from the raspberries’ sweet-tart flavor.
Serve this Raspberry-Cucumber Salad alongside fish or poultry or with vegetarian selections.
Prep time: 10 to 15 minutes
4 to 5 Persian cucumbers, peeled
Juice of 1 to 2 limes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon Serrano chiles, minced (optional)
8 ounces fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Cut each cucumber in half, lengthwise.
2. Cut each half, lengthwise – now you have fourths.
3. Cut the cucumber fourths crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside in a glass or porcelain serving bowl.
4. Repeat same cutting procedure with the remaining cucumbers; add them to the bowl. Set aside.
5. Add lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, agave nectar and Serrano chiles to cucumbers in bowl; toss and set aside.
6. Add the raspberries and gently toss, taking care not to crush them.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Text and Photograph ©2016 Nancy DeLucia Real