This dessert is based on multi-colored cubes of Jell-O, mixed with evaporated and condensed milks with vanilla. All you have to do is assemble the ingredients in a Bundt pan and unmold the set gelatin. Isn’t it cool?
That’s right – our Mosaic Gelatin Dessert is beautiful to look at, cool and refreshing. Enjoy it for our July 4th weekend holiday!
Prep time: 30 to 45 minutes (to cut the Jell-O into cubes)
Set time: Make boxed Jell-O recipes and set overnight
Make Mosaic Gelatin Dessert the next day and set overnight.
One 3-ounce box strawberry or raspberry-flavored Jell-O
One 3-ounce box orange-flavored Jell-O
One 3-ounce box grape-flavored Jell-O
4 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
1 cup cold water
One 14-ounce can sweetened, condensed milk
One 7.6-ounce can Nestle brand Media Crema (this is cream)
One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 fresh mint leaf sprigs, for garnish
1. Prepare each Jell-O recipe according to package directions, but use 1/8 cup less water for each box (this will ensure a firmer Jell-O for cutting into cubes later).
2. When making each Jell-O recipe, prepare it in a 10 X 10-inch square glass or porcelain baking dish.
3. Refrigerate each Jell-O recipe 6 hours or overnight, uncovered.
4. After the Jell-O’s have set completely, cut each Jell-O into long, 1/2-inch thick strips.
5. Cut each strip into a 1/2-inch cube.
6. As you cut and amass cubes of Jell-0, gently transfer them to a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
7. Pour the 4 envelopes of gelatin into a 2-cup bowl. Add the water, mix and let it stand; set aside.
8. In a blender, combine the Knox set gelatin, condensed milk, Nestle Media Crema, evaporated milk and vanilla.
9. Puree the milk and gelatin mixture until uniform.
10. Gently pour the milk mixture over Jell-O cubes in Bundt pan.
11. Transfer the gelatin in Bundt pan to a refrigerator and let it set overnight, uncovered.
12. When ready to serve, place the Bundt pan in a large bowl filled with hot water.
13. Run a knife between edges of Bundt pan and gelatin dessert. Lift Bundt pan out of water and twist it in the air to loosen the gelatin dessert.
14. Place a platter over the gelatin dessert in Bundt pan and quickly invert.
15. Garnish with fresh mint leaf sprigs and serve immediately.
Text and Photograph ©2017 Nancy DeLucia Real