Lately, I’ve been craving ketchup – without Monsanto corn syrup and other artificial ingredients.
Here’s my organic, homemade ketchup – you won’t believe how DELICIOUS this is!
24 ounces Bionaturae Organic Strained Tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup organic agave nectar
1/2 cup organic, pure maple syrup
3/4 cup distilled, white vinegar
1/2 brown or white onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, heart removed & discarded & flesh finely minced
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1. Pour ground tomatoes into crockpot.
2. Swirl 1/2 cup water in empty tomato container and pour into crockpot.
3. Add agave nectar, maple syrup, vinegar, onion, garlic, salt, mustard powder and cayenne pepper.
4. Whisk to combine.
5. Cook on high, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half and very thick, 8 to 10 hours.
6. Stir every hour or so.
7. Smooth the texture of the ketchup using an immersion blender, about 20 seconds.
8. Let ketchup cool to room temperature.
9. When ketchup has cooled, transfer it to glass jars. Seal jars tightly and refrigerate up to 4 weeks.
10. Use ketchup as needed.
Text & Photograph ©2017 Nancy DeLucia Real