Make these Avocado Toasts anytime you feel like something fun. You can also surprise a Mom on Mother’s Day and include these in a delicious brunch!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices & toasted
1 large, ripe avocado
4 to 5 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 of a Jalapeño pepper, minced
salt, to taste
6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half, flesh discarded & skins cut into slivers
1. Lay out the bread slices on a serving platter; set aside.
2. Cut avocados in half, discard pits & remove flesh from skins. Discard skins.
3. Place avocado in a medium bowl.
4. Using a potato masher, mash avocado until it is coarsely-mashed.
5. Stir in the grated cheese, minced Jalapeño and salt, to taste.
6. Using a spoon, gently add some avocado mixture to each toast on platter.
7. Garnish toasts with extra grated cheese and tomato slivers. Serve immediately.
Text & Photograph ©2018 Nancy DeLucia Real