Prep time: 8 to 10 minutes Bake time: 35 to 45 minutes
Lookin’ for a 10-minute, made-from-scratch cake on Dad’s Day? Look no more – it’s here. Add the great gift of Kickback Cold Brew Matchacha Tea to go along with the cake. He’ll “kickback” for sure – just read the label and you’ll know why.
Go to Kickback Cold Brew website below and place orders now – Matchacha sells out quickly!
1-1/4 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Matcha tea powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil (safflower or sunflower, preferred)
1 large egg
3/4 cup granulated, unbleached sugar
3/4 cup milk (low fat or whole) – this can be substituted with almond or soy milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using oil or butter, grease and flour a 9X9X4 loaf pan; set aside.
2. Measure all dry ingredients into a 2-cup bowl; set aside.
3. In a 4-cup mixing bowl, beat together the oil, egg, sugar and milk.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the oil-egg-sugar-milk mixture; beat until smooth.
5. Pour cake batter into prepared loaf pan; set on a rack positioned in center of oven.
6. Bake Matcha Tea Cake for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, insert a sharp, pointed knife in center. If knife comes out clean, cake is done. If there’s batter around knife, bake cake 5 more minutes.
7. After 5 more minutes of baking, test cake again. If needed, bake 5 more minutes.
8. When cake is done, set it on a counter to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, loosen sides of cake from pan and invert cake onto a platter.
9. Serve cake warm or cold, garnished with raspberries and mint leaf sprigs. If desired, serve with 5-Minute Sweetened Whipped Cream, also on this website here http://thekitchenbuzzz.com/2010/07/5-minute-sweetened-whipped-cream.html/
10. Enjoy Matcha Tea Cake with KickBack Matchacha Coldbrew Tea. Go here to purchase: https://kickbackcoldbrew.com/
Text & Photograph ©2018 Nancy DeLucia Real