Enjoy baking and decorating this cake with kids – young & old. Happy Halloween!
One 16.25-ounce cake mix (Betty Crocker® preferred), any flavor
One 16-ounce ready-made white frosting
One package Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme®
One tube orange frosting decoration, fitted with a star tip
Assorted Halloween cake candy decorations, including orange sprinkles
1. Prepare cake according to package directions, using two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Bake cake according to package directions.
3. Cool cake on a countertop.
4. Invert one layer cake onto a serving platter; place 3-inch wide foil strips between cake and platter (this will avoid frosting spreading to platter).
5. With a frosting knife, spread 1/4 cup white frosting evenly onto middle of cake.
6. Invert second layer cake over frosting.
7. Frosting sides of cake first and then top of cake.
8. Next, using frosting knife, spread the marshmallow creme onto sides of cake and then over top of cake.
9. If marshmallow creme is sticky, wet your fingers in a bowl of cold water and spread the creme manually.
10. Add the orange frosting to the cake – use any pattern you like.
11. Lastly, add Halloween candy decorations.
12. This cake can be made one day ahead and covered with tented aluminum foil – place toothpicks over top of cake and tent the aluminum foil over it.
Text & Photograph ©2018 Nancy DeLucia Real