SEE FOTO ON INSTAGRAM THE KITCHEN BUZZZ
Tired of the same old, same old cauliflower? Here’s a roasted, spicy version of this otherwise boring vegetable.
Prep time: 25 minutes
1 cauliflower head
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon dried, red chili pepper flakes
2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets measuring about 2 inches each. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the cumin, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and chili pepper flakes; set aside.
4. Place cauliflower in a 4-quart saucepot; cover with cold water.
5. Bring cauliflower to a boil; boil 2 minutes.
6. Drain cauliflower.
7. Coat each cauliflower floret with the cumin-oil dressing.
8. Place cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and roast in oven for about 20 minutes.
9. After 20 minutes, remove cauliflower from baking sheet and transfer to a serving bowl.
10. Mince the mint and parsley leaves; toss them into cauliflower. Taste and adjust salt leaves, if needed.
Text & Photograph ©2019 Nancy DeLucia Real