SEE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ &
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Take it easy on Thanksgiving – toss pumpkin cubes with paprika, Dijon and a few more ingredients. This Paprika-Dijon pumpkin side be absolutely “délicieux” (that’s French for “delicious”)!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 35 to 40 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
10 to 12 cups peeled & cubed pumpkin
2/3 cup chopped red onion
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons honey (you can add more, to taste)
Juice of 1 lime
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In 16X14 baking pan, toss all ingredients together until uniform.
3. Place baking pan with pumpkin mixture on a rack set in center of oven.
4. Bake pumpkin for 30-35 minutes, stirring once or twice during the process.
5. After 30-35 minutes, taste pumpkin. It should be tender but not fall apart or purée.
6. When pumpkin is done, transfer pan tu upper rack, 6 to 7 inches away from top oven broiler.
7. Broil the pumpkin for 5-7 minutes or until it turns golden brown. You may have to stir it every 2-3 minutes until evenly roasted.
8. Serve pumpkin as a side with your turkey dinner on Thanksgiving.
9. Alternatively, serve pumpkin with any meat, poultry or fish dinner.
Text & Photograph ©2019 Nancy DeLucia Real