SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
It’s January 2020 and time for post-holiday diets! Here’s an easy, vegan dish that can be served alongside any delicious food you like.
Prep time: 25 -3o minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
3 to 4 leeks, rinsed and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
12 ounces fresh spinach leaves, rinsed & spun dry
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil.
2. When oil is hot (but does not smoke), add the carrot rounds and saute on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
3. After 1 minute, add the leeks and saute on medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
4. After 2 minutes, add the spinach leaves and saute on medium high-heat for 2 to 4 minutes.
5. Cook vegetables for 2 to 4 minutes longer or until carrots are crunchy-tender and leeks and spinach are tender.
6. Add salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Text & Photograph ©2020 Nancy DeLucia Real