SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
Serves: 6 to 8 (leftovers can be refrigerated for up to a week)
Tired of the same old hummus? This recipe is made with toasted sesame oil.
Watch everyone’s expression as they take their first bite!
One 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained (about 2 cups)
3 tablespoons Tahini paste
3 tablespoons plain, Greek yogurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Serrano chile, stem discarded
2 to 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Juice of one lime
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
Fresh sprigs of your favorite herbs (for garnish)
1. Place garbanzo beans, Tahini paste, yogurt, garlic, chile, 2 tablespoons sesame oil and olive oil in a food processor.
2. Process the ingredients until they are uniform.
3. Add the lime juice and salt; process and taste.
4. If needed, adjust seasonings and add 1 more tablespoon sesame oil. Process once more.
5. Transfer the hummus to a bowl and garnish with herbs.
6. Serve hummus with corn tostadas, corn chips or your favorite crackers, toasted bread slices, etc.
Text & Photograph ©2020 Nancy DeLucia Real