SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Prep time: 15 to 20 minutes
Decorates: 1 to 2 individual pastries
How about transforming a premade, individual cake, cookie or donut into a Halloween ghoul? Have fun!
Ingredients (for 1 to 2 decorations):
3 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
Cocoa Rice Crispies (for hair decoration)
One 4.25 oz. tube Dec A Cake Green Decorating Icing
One 4.25 oz. tube Dec A Cake Blue Decorating Icing
One .75 oz. Dec A Cake Black Writing Gel
One .75 oz. Dec A Cake Red Writing Gel
1. In a 4-cup bowl, mix the powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon water.
2. If needed, add a little more water until a thick glaze has formed.
3. Place the pastry on a dinner plate covered with waxed paper.
4. Pour enough glaze over the pastry so that it’s surface is completely covered.
5. Immediately transfer dinner plate with glazed item to freezer.
6. Chill 5 minutes until almost firmly set.
7. Transfer the plate with pastry to a work surface & sprinkle the Cocoa Rice Crispies on the ghoul to create “hair”.
8. Fit the Dec A Cake Green Decorating Icing tube with a pointed tip.
9. Looking at photograph herein, be inspired to decorate the pastry by create outer green eye circles, eyebrows & nose.
10. Next, fit the Dec A Cake Blue Decorating Icing tube with a separate pointed tip.
11. Create inner blue pupils inside green outline for eyes.
12. Draw black pupil in center of pupils in eyes.
13. Draw black line for the mouth.
14. Add red fangs to the mouth line.
15. Decorate a second pastry, if desired. Transfer decorated Halloween ghouls to a serving platter & devour them!
Text & Photograph ©2020 Nancy DeLucia Real