SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Don’t know what to make with leftover chicken? Here’s a great dish that’ll comfort everyone!
Prep time: 20 – 25 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
3 to 4 cups shredded, precooked chicken
2/3 cup chopped red bell peppers (1/2-inch pieces)
2/3 cup chopped white or brown onion (1/2-inch pieces)
1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole
1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil.
2. When oil is hot but does not smoke, stir in the shredded chicken.
3. Stir-fry chicken on medium-high heat until it has warmed through and begins to brown.
4. Add bell peppers and onion; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
5. When onion is translucent, stir in 1/2 cup of the broth.
6. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
7. When broth has reduced, add another 1/2 cup of the both and cook 2 to 4 more minutes.
8. After 2 to 4 minutes, if chicken is too dry, add remaining 1/2 cup broth and reduce over medium heat.
9. Stir in the salt and pepper, to taste.
10. Add the cherry tomatoes; stir and cook over medium heat, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes.
11. When cherry tomatoes have wilted, transfer the chicken stew to a serving dish.
12. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Text & Photograph ©2021 Nancy DeLucia Real