NOTE: THIS CBD HEMP RECIPE IS FOR ADULTS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
IF YOU WANT TO SERVE THIS RECIPE TO UNDERAGE INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE OMIT THE KICKBACK FULL SPECTRUM TINCTURE®.
SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Here’s an appetizer that’s guaranteed to make Dad “chill” on Fathers’ Day!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Makes: 15 servings
For the Shells:
One 1.9 ounce package – fully baked Athens Phyllo Shells® (available on Instacart)
For the Salsa:
4 ripe plum tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1/3 cup corn kernels
Juice from 1/2 lime
1/4 cup minced cilantro leaves
salt, to taste
2 pumps Kickback® Full Spectrum CBD Tincture.
For the Avocado Filling:
1 large Haas avocado (very ripe)
Juice from 1 lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt, to taste
2 pumps Kickback® Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
1 small food storage bag (Ziploc® brand)
1. In a glass or porcelain bowl, stir all the salsa ingredients together.
2. Taste for seating and set aside, covered.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, stir all the avocado ingredients together.
4. If avocado does not puree well, stir in a little more olive oil until it becomes slightly creamy.
5. Spoon the avocado cream into a corner of a small plastic food storage bag.
6. With the bag open, gently push the avocado cream as far as it can go into the corner.
7. Using scissors, cut off a 1/4-inch tip.
8. Place all the phyllo shells on a serving platter.
9. Holding bag tightly, pipe the avocado cream into half of the phyllo shells (you may have some cream left over).
10. Fill the remaining half of the phyllo shells with the salsa (you may have some salsa left over).
11. Serve immediately or cover with aluminum foil and store in refrigerator up to 30 minutes before serving.
NOTE: If you want more “chill” for Dad to relax, add 1/2 pump extra to each the salsa and to the avocado filling.
Text & Photograph ©2021 Nancy DeLucia Real