SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
This Christmas wreath-shaped appetizer is my version of Caprese salad – a salad created on the island of Capri, Italy. It features tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
I like this recipe due to how easy and quick it is to prep. As your guests take that first sip of bubbly, you can make this in minutes. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to All!
Prep time: 6 to 10 minutes
Makes: 7 to 8 servings
3 to 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
4 bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls in water)
salt, lightly sprinkled
7 to 8 sprigs fresh basil
extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices; set aside.
2. Cut the bocconcini (mozzarella balls) in half; lightly sprinkle with salt and set aside.
3. Arrange the tomato slices in a wide circle on a platter.
4. Drizzle with the oil and place one-half of mozzarella ball (round side up) on tomato slice.
5. Repeat above procedure until the platter has been completely assembled.
6. Top each tomato-mozzarella round with basil leaf sprig. Serve immediately with mini toasts or crackers.
Text & Photograph ©2022 Nancy DeLucia Real