SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
These delicious cookies are fun to make. The best part is of all is that they’re Vegan!
Prep time: 20 – 25 minutes
Bake time: 12 to 14 minutes
Makes: 16 cookies
1-1/2 cups almond flour (blanched)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup ground almonds or pistachios (optional)
1/4 cup raspberry preserves, stirred
1.In a 2-quart mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt.
2. When mixture has combined to form a dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
3. After 2 hours, line a 18 X 12-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Pull off about a one-inch piece of dough and shape it into a ball.
6. Repeat this with remaining dough until you have made a total of 16 balls.
7. If desired, roll each ball into ground almonds or pistachios.
8. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet.
9. Using a melon ball scoop, press down into center of each cookie, making a 3/4-inch indentation.
10. Fill each cookie center with about 3/4 teaspoon raspberry jam.
11. Place baking sheet with cookie dough on a rack positioned in center of oven.
12. Bake cookies 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
13. When cookies are done, transfer baking sheet to a counter and let cookies cool 5 minutes.
14. When cookies have cooled, transfer them to an airtight container. Cookies will keep, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
Text & Photograph ©2021 Nancy DeLucia Real