SEE FOTO ON INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
I went to Israel in April -as many of you know – and learned how to make the best herb salad ever! Here it is:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6 (as a side dish)
1 bunch fresh, Italian flat leaf parsley, stems discarded
1 bunch fresh cilantro (coriander), stems discarded
1 bunch fresh mint leaves, stems discarded
1 bunch fresh tarragon
1/2 of a Serrano chili pepper, finely chopped (optional)
1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1/3 cup pine nuts or chopped, unsalted almonds
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon agave nectar or pure maple syrup (for a slightly sweet flavor)
2 teaspoons fine-quality dark Balsamic vinegar
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 to 4 cherry tomatoes, for garnish
1. Wash and spin dry (in a salad spinner) the parsley, cilantro and mint.
2. Transfer half of the spun-dried herbs to a food processor; process finely (DO NOT OVERPROCESS, AS THE HERBS WILL WILT).
3. Transfer the spun-dried herbs to a glass, porcelain or stainless steel mixing bowl; set aside.
4. Repeat processing remaining herbs and transfer them to the bowl; set aside.
5. Rinse and pat dry the taragon; then chop it finely.
6. Add tarragon, Serrano chili pepper, carrot, pine nuts to herbs in mixing bowl.
7. Stir in the olive oil, agave nectar or maple syrup, Balsamic vinegar, salt and ground black pepper.
8. Taste the herb salad and adjust seasonings, according to taste. Serve immediately.
Text & Photograph ©2019 Nancy DeLucia Real