SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
These zucchini chips are fun to make and fun to snack on! Just slice them and air dry overnight. Broil them in oven and you’re done. They’ll disappear in seconds!
Prep time: 5 minutes for cutting & overnight drying
Broil time: 6 to 7 minutes per side
Makes: 30 to 40 chips
One 18 X 12-inch baking sheet (you can use a larger one for more zucchini)
parchment paper (to line baking sheet)
3 to 4 zucchini
1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt, for lightly sprinkling zucchini
1. Line an 18 X 12-inch (or larger) baking sheet
2. On a cutting board, cut and discard zucchini tips.
3. Cut remaining zucchini into 1/4-inch thick slices.
4. Place the zucchini rings on parchment-lined baking sheet, lightly sprinkle with salt & let air dry 8 hours or overnight.
5. Line another 18 X 12-inch (or larger) baking sheet and “lightly” oil it with a basting brush.
6. Transfer the zucchini rings (salt side up) to second baking sheet.
7. Turn on the oven “broiler” – this is the overhead element that turns red for broiling or grilling in oven.
8. Transfer the baking sheet with zucchini rings to oven rack positioned 6 inches away from oven broiler element.
9. Broil zucchini rings 6 to 7 minutes per side or until they turn golden brown and crisp but not charred.
10. Transfer the zucchini chips to a platter and serve as a snack or as a side dish.
Text & Photograph ©2020 Nancy DeLucia Real