This side dish of roasted butternut squash, parsnips and shishitos is perfect for Turkey Day!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
12 ounces butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 large parsnips, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
8 Shishito peppers, sliced lengthwise, seeds discarded & flesh cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together.
3. Transfer tossed ingredients to a 16 X 12-inch rectangular baking pan.
4. Bake/roast for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, toss all ingredients.
6. Place roasting pan with ingredients 6 inches away from top oven broiler element.
7. Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until roasted vegetables look golden brown.
8. Serve immediately.
Text & Photograph ©2017 Nancy DeLucia Real