SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
This salad is delicious as a side or as a buffet dish for any celebration. Make it for Mother’s Day – they’ll love it!
Prep time: 15 minutes (to assemble ingredients)
Makes: 3 to 4 cups
1-1/2 cups cooked, brown rice
4 to 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium carrot, peeled & finely shredded
2/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/2 cup chopped, fresh chives
5 to 6 fresh mint leaves, slivered
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
salt & ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. If rice has excess liquid after cooking, drain and discard the liquid.
3. Transfer the rice to a 4-quart glass or porcelain bowl & stir in the olive oil.
4. Let rice cool to room temperature.
5. When rice is at room temperature, stir in remaining ingredients; toss, taste & adjust seasonings.
6. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap & serve later in the day.
7. Brown Rice Confetti Salad can be made early in the morning. Any leftovers will keep, refrigerated, up to 3 days.
Text & Photograph ©2020 Nancy DeLucia Real
I will be trying this. Looks amazing.