This simple-to-make snack, lunch, starter or dinner is fast and fun. I’ve always enjoyed a plain cheese quesadilla, but when I created my own version with Genoa Salami and Mozzarella, it became exquisite!
Top these Italian-Mexican quesadillas with my Salsa and … Whatever recipe. It’ll be amore or amor at first bite!
Prep time: 5 to 8 minutes
Makes: 4 quesadillas
Four 10-inch flour tortillas
16 slices Genoa Salami, thinly sliced
8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, warm up two tortillas at a time on medium-high heat by flipping them over at 1 to 2-minute intervals.
2. Set burner on low heat setting.
3. Working quickly, lay 4 slices salami on the half side of each tortilla.
4. Top the salami with ¼ of the shredded mozzarella and fold each tortilla in half (you have made a quesadilla).
5. Flip the quesadillas over immediately (to avoid charring the underside).
6. With a spatula, gently press top of each quesadilla to flatten slightly.
7. Flip quesadilla over once or twice or until cheese has melted and starts bubbling along quesadilla edges.
Serve hot with Salsa and … Whatever (published on this blog on June 28, 2010).
Wine pairing suggestion: chilled Pinot Grigio (white) or Cabernet Sauvignon (red).
Text & Photograph © 2011 Nancy DeLucia Real