One of my favorite recipes published on this website is the Guacamole Romano.
To make this appetizer even more exciting, why not spread the guacamole on toasted Flaxseed Bread with Honey and Sesame Seeds (previously published on this website). Add some chopped tomatoes and you’ve just prepared a highly nutritional appetizer. You can even enjoy this fun food for breakfast or lunch.
Prep time: 15 to 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
1 yellow tomato, pulp discarded and tomato cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 red tomato, pulp discarded and tomato cut into 1/4-inch pieces
8 to 10 slices Flaxseed Bread with Honey and Sesame Seeds, toasted
One Guacamole Romano recipe
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro leaves
1. In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes; toss in a little salt, to taste, and set aside.
2. Spread a heaping tablespoon of guacamole on each toast.
3. As you prepare each toast, set it on a serving platter.
4. When all toasts have been spread with guacamole, divide the chopped tomatoes and top them evenly over the toasts.
5. Garnish toasts with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
Text and Photograph ©2015 Nancy DeLucia Real