SEE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ &
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Now that we’re back to “laboring” after Labor Day, keep it simple in the kitchen. Here is a fast, delicious Vegan rice dish!
Prep time: 30-40 minutes (for cooking rice)
10-12 minutes (for assembling salad)
Serves: 4 to 6 (as a side dish)
1 cup organic brown rice (any variety)
3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 2/3 cup dried cranberries
1 small to medium carrot, peeled & finely shredded
1/2 cup finely-chopped, fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 to 6 fresh mint leaf sprigs for garnish
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. If rice has some liquid after it has cooked, make sure to drain the rice in a colander.
3. Transfer the cooked rice to a glass, porcelain or metal mixing bowl (DO NOT USE PLASTIC, AS IT WILL HEAT UP).
4. Add all ingredients except for mint leaf sprigs to the rice in bowl; toss and taste.
5. Adjust seasonings, per taste.
6. Garnish with mint leaf sprigs and serve as a side dish.
NOTE: This rice salad can be made early in the day and covered, set on a counter at room temperature. It also keeps well as a leftover, refrigerated, up to 3 to 4 days.
Text & Photograph ©2019 Nancy DeLucia Real