SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
For Thanksgiving dinner, some guests may want a no-carbs, no-gluten, no-sugar salad or side . Here’s a delicious salad that’s easy to make because it can be prepared the morning of …. Happy Thanksgiving!
Prep time: 15 to 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
6 cups fresh, mixed greens (Romaine, butter, arugula, spinach), washed & spun-dry
3 Persian cucumbers, peeled and thinly-sliced
1 large carrot, peeled & thinly-sliced
4 green onions, tips & dark green stems discarded, sliced in 1/4-inch pieces
Juice of 2 limes or lemons
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon white Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 of a red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (for garnish)
1. Place the mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots & green onions in a serving bowl; set aside, covered, in refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. In a food processor, combine the lime or lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic clove, vinegar and the oil.
3. Process the mixture until vinaigrette is uniform.
4. Transfer vinaigrette to a glass jar & tightly cover. Refrigerate vinaigrette until ready to serve the salad.
4. At serving time, pour the vinaigrette over prepared salad ingredients; garnish with red bell pepper pieces. Toss & serve immediately.
Text & Photograph ©2021 Nancy DeLucia Real