SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Kiss me, I’m Italian! Enjoy this green pasta with tomatoes and olive oil on St. Pat’s Day.
Prep time: 12 to 14 minutes
1 pound spinach pasta (any variety)
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
extra virgin olive oil, to taste
2 large tomatoes, cubed
fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Fill a 4-quart saucepot with water; bring to a boil.
2. Add the pasta and the salt to the water; boil on medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is “al dente” (crunchy-tender).
3. Drain the pasta in a colander.
4. Return the pasta to saucepot; stir in the olive oil and cubed tomatoes. Taste and adjust salt level, if needed.
5. Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and serve immediately; Garnish with mint leaves.
6. Ask guests to top the pasta with cheese, if desired.
Text & Photograph ©2022 Nancy DeLucia Real