SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Hungry while working at home but you only have a package of tortillas and some jack cheese in the fridge? Don’t fret – make this gourmet Tortilla Pizza in an instant! For more servings, just double, triple or quadruple the recipe.
Prep time: 3 to 5 minutes (includes broiling)
1 flour or corn tortilla (I used a six-inch corn tortilla)
1/4 to 1/3 cup mixed, shredded Jack Cheese & Mozzarella Cheese
Add a fav topping such as sliced olives, salami or prosciutto bits (I added marinated sun-dried tomato pieces)
1. Place the tortilla on a baking sheet (no parchment paper or it will burn underneath broiler).
2. Spread cheese over top of tortilla; top with fav topping.
3. Place the baking sheet on a rack positioned six inches from top oven broiler grill.
4. Turn on oven at “BROIL” setting.
5. Broil the tortilla pizza for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted and turned light golden brown. NOTE: Stand watch to prevent charring.
6. Enjoy the Tortilla Pizza alone or make more for your friends and/or family!
Text & Photograph ©2022 Nancy DeLucia Real