SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Lookin’ for a fun Halloween starter? These spider deviled eggs befit the occasion and require a short prep time. Happy Halloween!
Inactive prep time: 12 minutes for boiling eggs & 15-16 minutes cooling time)
Active prep time: 8 minutes (for filling & assembling eggs)
Makes: 5 servings (2 pieces each)
5 boiled eggs (METHOD – place eggs in a saucepot; cover with water & boil on medium-low heat for 12 minutes. You should see a rolling boil. If heat is too high, the eggs will crack open).
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon pureed & strained chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
ground paprika (for garnish)
miniature plastic spiders (for decoration)
1. After eggs have boiled for 12 minutes, place them in lukewarm water; let cool for 15-16 minutes.
2. When eggs have cooled, peel each one carefully; set aside on a cutting board.
3. Cut each egg in half (lengthwise) and scoop out the cooked egg yolk. Place egg yolks in a 2-cup mixing bowl or in a small bowl of a stand mixer.
4. Add the mayonnaise, chipotle chile, Dijon mustard and salt.
5. Using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer, mix the egg yolk ingredients until smooth and uniform.
6. Transfer the egg yolk filling to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
7, Using a swirling motion, fill each egg half and set on a serving platter.
8. Garnish with ground paprika and decorate with plastic spiders.
NOTE: This egg starter can be prepared a day ahead (WITHOUT PAPRIKA GARNISH & SPIDERS), stored on a platter and loosely covered with aluminum foil.
TO SERVE: One hour before serving, set the Spider Deviled Eggs platter on a counter at room temperature. At serving time, garnish eggs with paprika & decorate with plastic spiders.
Text & Photograph ©2022 Nancy DeLucia Real