SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
Now that we’re past the holidays, it’s time for some Italian comfort food. How about this delicious pasta dish – Lemon & Shrimp Spaghetti? It’ll hit the spot – Buon appetito!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1 pound (16 ounces) dried spaghetti or other long, thin pasta
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 large lemon (juice and zest)
⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a 4 to 6-quart pot of water to a boil.
2. When water boils, add spaghetti or other long pasta and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt.
3. Boil the pasta 8 to 10 minutes or until it is “al dente” (crunchy tender).
4. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil.
5. When oil is hot but not smoking, add the chopped garlic and quickly stir-fry – do not let garlic blacken.
6. Next, adjust heat to medium-low; add the cream and bring sauce to a simmer.
7. As cream thickens, use a drinking cup with a handle to take 1 cup of pasta water out of pot.
8. Stir 1/2 cup of the pasta water into cream sauce; bring the sauce to a simmer (this is a light, rolling boil).
9. Add shrimp, lemon juice and zest; cook until shrimp looks pink and is cooked through (about 3-4 minutes).
10. After 3 – 4 minutes, taste one shrimp to check doneness. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
11. Immediately season with salt & black pepper, to taste.
12. Set skillet on very low heat while you drain pasta.
13, Add drained pasta to shrimp sauce and toss with tongs.
14. If pasta looks too dry, add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup pasta water to shrimp sauce. Toss again.
15. Divide lemon shrimp spaghetti among four bowls.
16. Garnish with parsley & serve immediately.
Wine Pairing: Vermentino or Chardonnay (both are whites).
Text & Photograph ©2022 Nancy DeLucia Real