SEE RECIPE FOTO ON FACEBOOK/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ;
INSTAGRAM/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ; TWITTER/THE KITCHEN BUZZZ!
It doesn’t get any easier than this – make a delicious Shrimp & Saffron Risotto with few ingredients! Don’t forget to pair it with chilled Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc wine. Buon appetito!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup minced shallot
1-1/2 cups Arborio rice, rinsed in cold water & drained
1 cup dry white wine
1-1/2 to 2 quarts (6 to 8 cups) chicken broth
0.0070 oz. (0.100 grams) ground saffron (about 1/8 teaspoon)
16 large or jumbo shrimp, raw, shelled & deveined
1. In an 8-quart sauce pot, heat the oil.
2. When oil is hot (but does not smoke), add the minced shallot;
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir-fry on medium heat until shallot is clear.
4. Stir in the rice; stir until uniform.
5. Add 1 cup white wine to rice mixture; stir on medium-low heat until it has almost dried out.
6. Next, add one ladle of the chicken broth; stir continuously until liquid is almost all absorbed (spoon should leave a path at bottom of pot).
7. Stir in the saffron.
8. Continue adding chicken broth, one ladle at a time, stirring continuously, until rice has almost cooked through.
9. At this point, add the shrimp; stir continuously until rice has cooked through (do not overcook shrimp or it will have a tough texture).
10. Add salt, to taste; serve risotto in individual bowls.
11. Top each bowl with 4 shrimp and 1 sprig of basil or parsley.
Wine Pairing: Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc).
Text & Photograph ©2023 Nancy DeLucia Real