Sometimes I just don’t know where my tastebuds are headed – do I want sweet or savory foods? Maybe I want both. For this salad, I used three types of melon: cantaloup, honeydew and watermelon. Then, I added red onion, lime juice, salt, pepper and Feta cheese. The flavors in this salad definitely satisfy a sweet or savory palate. Enjoy this refreshing salad all summer long!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 to 1/3 cup lime juice
1-1/2 cups diced cantaloup
1-1/2 cups diced honeydew melon
1-1/2 cups diced watermelon
1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
salt, to taste (if needed)
1. Place the sliced red onion in a bowl with lime juice; set aside for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes and in a separate bowl, combine the diced melons with red onion and slightly toss.
3. Top the melon and onion with Feta cheese and black pepper. Taste.
4. If needed, add a little salt (1/4 teaspoon); taste again. Adjust seasonings and serve immediately.
5. This salad pairs well with fish or poultry.
Photograph & Text 2015 Nancy DeLucia Real