What happens when you combine guacamole with Pecorino Romano cheese? You create an impressive party recipe with a twist – Guacamole Romano.
Happy New Year!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
2 large, ripe avocados
2 tablespoons chopped red onion,
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Salt, to taste
1. Cut each avocado in half horizontally. Using the knife, cut into the pit. Make a quick twist and remove the pit.
2. With a spoon, scoop out the avocado flesh and transfer it to a shallow mixing bowl.
3. Using a fork, gently mix in the onion and the chopped jalapeño pepper – do not overmix (the guacamole should be chunky).
4. Stir in the Pecorino Romano cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Taste and adjust salt level by adding a sprinkle of salt, if needed.
5. Transfer Guacamole Romano to a bowl and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Text & Photographs ©2011 Nancy DeLucia Real