Not in the mood to cook for an hour? The only ingredients you need are two steaks, a couple of bell peppers, an onion and jalapeño. After minutes in the kitch, you can both sit down and enjoy this no-frills fajita lunch or dinner (our featured photo is also a no-frills photo). After a long day, make sure to accompany this dinner with a good vino!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 to 8 minutes
1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
1 medium-large white or yellow onion, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped (optional)
1/3 cup (equivalent to 6 tablespoons) olive or vegetable oil
Two 8-ounce New York or Sirloin steaks, fat trimmed and meat cut into strips (3/4-inch wide X 3 inches long)
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet.
2. Add the peppers, onion and jalapeño; stir-fry for about 2 minutes or until onion is translucent and begins to turn light golden brown.
3. Transfer the cooked pepper-onion mixture to a plate; set aside.
4. In same skillet heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil; add the meat.
5. Stir-fry the meat for about 2 to 4 minutes. After 2 minutes, taste one fajita strip. If needed, cook fajitas for 1 to 2 more minutes.
6. After 1 to 2 minutes, stir in the cooked pepper-onion mixture. Heat through and serve immediately.
Note: The bell peppers can be substituted with pasilla peppers or a mix of both pasilla and bell peppers.
Text and Photograph ©2013 Nancy DeLucia Real
Made a comment on FB for your quick fajitas!!looks awesome!!
Jody, thanks for posting your comment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a kitchen item.
I love easy quick meals for 2
Lori, I love easy meals as well. Please contact us at email@example.com to receive your gift.